Yes, Qentinel Pace has a recorder in cloud. The recorder is available in Live Testing feature; you can open a browser in cloud, interact with it and Qentinel Pace will record your actions.
We suggest using cloud-based recorder instead of stand-alone recorder. While we still have stand-alone recorder available and maintain it, cloud-based recorder will be further improved in coming releases.
Qentinel Pace also has old stand-alone recorder for recording actions from Web applications. The recorder (QRec) is available as Chrome plugin. You can download QRec from here:
Basic usage instructions:
- After installation, QRec should be visible in top right corner of Chrome:
Open it by clicking that little Qentinel icon.
- Write test case name and click “Record” button
- Note that QRec will be minimized here. Now just do actions on web page you want to record, click texts/elements etc. In case you want to add Verify keyword -> select / highlight text on the page click arrow-right button on keyboard. It should open this kind of dialogue:
(if you want to verify element, just clear and type that keyword on the text field)
- After you have recorded everything, click QRec icon again. You should already see the script in QRec window. Click the “stop recording” icon:
- Lastly, click the green icon to download generated test script to your PC and modify it as needed.